Thank you for your interest in training at Maria Droste Counseling Center. We at Maria Droste have been pleased by the great interest in our internship program. We are no longer accepting internship applications for the 2017-18 academic year. We do not have practica opportunities. Please check back late November 2017, for 2018-19 application procedures.
A note on our Prospective Intern eNewsletter: If you have joined our Prospective Intern eNews list via internship fair and you are NOT receiving email updates, please contact Erika_Durbin@MariaDroste.org. Emails are input exactly as they are written at the fairs, making it possible to misinterpret handwriting. You may also sign up for email updates directly through the newsletter link located to the right of this page.
The internship program is comprehensive and competitive. Our cohorts of 20 interns for 2015-2016 and 24 for 2016-2017 were selected from a pool of more than 100 candidates. Please review carefully our program requirements before applying.
Maria Droste has several different programs through which we serve the community. In their applications, internship candidates are asked to choose a track that aligns with these programs. All tracks are 24 hours/week. Start dates are early June or mid-August and all internships end by the first Friday in June. Please review track descriptions here.
A complete submission will include the following items:
- Completed Google Form application, which includes:
- The application information section, including information for 3-4 references
- The question and response section to application items 1-10
- Google Form Application, which will be posted here in late November 2017, for the 18-19 term
- A copy of your resume, to be emailed to email@example.com
- Recommendation letters are not required, however they are accepted for review. Please submit letters of rec along with your resume.